Helllloooo world! (Imagine that...Ty Pennington: Extreme Home Makeover style). Why am i starting a blog? Well I love reading blogs. I think people are so fascinating. I love knowing what makes a person tick. It seems like the big thing with a blog is that people always make a blog when they get married, or they move away, or go on some HUGE adventure. So I got to thinking...why can't I see my own life as an adventure like that? And why is it that I feel like I need some grand new occassion in my life to start a blog? Well..I don't.
BUT...rather than make this a giant rant and rave session, why not have a theme? I remember hearing people talk about having a "grateful" journal before, but it didn't seem quite catchy enough for a blog. One day a couple weeks ago I took a tour with my clinical group of Kainai High School...and as I was walking out, the principal thanked us for coming and says, "Enjoy the view!." I highly doubt that anyone else really caught what she said, but it really struck me. How often do I take the time to just sit back and "enjoy the view"? Not often enough. This incident happened a day or two after General Conference. During that conference, President Thomas S. Monson's talk entitled, "The Divine Gift of Gratitude" really struck me. Here I am, always so worried about the problems in my own life that I had been forgetting to recognize how blessed I am and to "enjoy the view." In his talk, Pres. Monson said:
How can we cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude? President Joseph F. Smith, sixth President of the Church, provided an answer. Said he: “The grateful man sees so much in the world to be thankful for, and with him the good outweighs the evil. Love overpowers jealousy, and light drives darkness out of his life.” He continued: “Pride destroys our gratitude and sets up selfishness in its place. How much happier we are in the presence of a grateful and loving soul, and how careful we should be to cultivate, through the medium of a prayerful life, a thankful attitude toward God and man!”
It would have been more fitting to do this on Thanksgiving weekend..but alas my nursing school chaos consumed my life. I don't know if anyone will even ever read this, but if you do, I hope you are inspired with an attitude of gratitude. Afterall, I'm just trying to Enjoy the View.
PS-to read or watch Pres. Monson's talk and other talks from General Conference, click here. I HIGHLY recommend it. :-)
Yay for blogs! I love reading blogs! I am a fan of your theme and I am a fan of you, you're awesome lemo!
ReplyDeleteMichelle...I know I took forever to see this but YOU MAKE MY DAY! You are without a doubt one of the best people I know :-)
ReplyDelete